The 6th Annual R. Darryl Fisher Creative Writing Contest
Oklahoma’s Most Prestigious High School Writing Competition
Prizes to be awarded at the Scissortail Creative Writing Festival, April 1-3, 2010
Fiction: 1st Place $250 Poetry: 1st Place $250
2nd Place $150 2nd Place $150
3rd Place $100 3rd Place $100
12 Honorable Mention Awards of $25 each
* All Oklahoma high school students (9th - 12th grade) are eligible.
* Poetry (up to 100 lines) or Short Fiction (up to 5,000 words) is acceptable.
* Limit 5 poems and 1 short fiction piece per student.
* All entries must be the original work of the student.
* All entries must be neatly typed; please double-space fiction entries.
* Entries will not be returned, so keep your originals.
* No identifying marks should be on the manuscript itself, except for the title.
* Provide cover page with contact information: 1) Student’s name; 2) Teacher’s name 3) School 4) Classification 5) Phone number, Email and mailing address.
* Work may be submitted through conventional mail or email.
DEADLINE: Conventional mail must be postmarked on or before February 12, 2010. Email entries must be sent by 11:59 p.m. on February 12, 2010. There will be no exceptions.
* Winners will be notified by March 8, 2010. Winners must attend the award ceremony at East Central University.
Poetry Submissions: send work electronically as attached files to email@example.com or mail to Dr. Joshua Grasso, East Central University, Dept. of English & Languages, 1100 E. 14th St., Ada, OK 74820
Fiction Submissions: send work electronically as attached files to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dr. Mark Walling, East Central University, Dept. of English and Languages, 1100 E. 14th St., Ada, OK 74820
Contest Information: Dr. Joshua Grasso (580-559-5430); Dr. Mark Walling (580-559-5440). Scissortail Creative Writing Festival Information: Dr. Ken Hada (580-559-5557)