Submissions are now being accepted for the Page One Literary Art Gallery, which will be open for viewing on one night only: April 2nd, 2010, from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p. m. at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center at 400 S. Rennie Street in Ada, Oklahoma. (The image at right comes from October 2009 issue of Frieze.)
· are welcomed from any writers--emerging or emerged--who would like to get in on the Scissortail vibe;
· must not be previously published;
· must be limited to one submission per author;
· must include author’s name, school affiliation (if any) and status (student, teacher, etc., if applicable);
· may be submitted via e-mail (as a Word attachment), snail mail (see addresses below) or dropped off in the door box in at ECU in the Horace Mann Building, room 336E;
· must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31st;
· will be displayed at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center and on ecu’s englishtalk website (www.ecuenglishtalk.blogspot.com);
· must be limited to a single page. Submissions that run longer than a page may be displayed in full on ecu’s englishtalk website, but when determining awards, judges will only consider the first page of the entry and only the first page of the entry will be displayed at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center.
· will be identified by our panel of faculty and student judges;
· will be awarded with gift certificates designated for the purchase of books (authors scheduled to appear in the Scissortail reading program will not be in the running for these awards);
· must be in attendance at the Scissortail Wrap when the awards are distributed, some time between 8:30 and 9 p.m. on Friday, April 2nd, 2010 at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center;
· send your submissions to: email@example.com (subject line: Page One Literary Art Festival) or mail to Steve Benton at 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB B-7, East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma 74820-6999.
The image at left is a detail from Jacques-Louis David's Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon I and Coronation of the Empress Josephine (1805-07, Oil on canvas, 629 x 979 cm).
This event enjoys the sponsorship and support of Literati (ECU’s English Student Club), Originals (ECU’s student-run creative writing journal), ECU’s Sigma Tau Delta chapter(International English Honor Society), and Scissortail Creative Writing Festival. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Click here if you have more questions.
IMAGE SOURCE: http://www.frieze.com/images/back/poth.jpg